1. I've become meaner and less agreeable in the past year. I'm going to fix that.
2. I'm reading the book The Happiness Project. I like it. I'm probably a quarter of the way through, and I'm ready to implement some of her suggestions for 2013 for myself. I just like the idea behind the whole thing, becoming happier. And it's not just that, it's really just being in control of yourself. It's 4.99 as a Kindle right now, in my opinion, definitely worth $5 or $9 for the paperback.
3. Related, I'm really excited to be reading a book again. I've just been completely disinterested in books for a couple years, after being an avid reader most of my life. I've always liked non-fiction more anyway, so maybe The Happiness Project will get me back on the reading bandwagon.
4. If you have a Kindle, the Kindle app is pretty darn awesome. I just downloaded it this week, and you can go back and forth between the real Kindle and the phone and it tracks where you are, etc. All the books you've downloaded on the Kindle are available on the phone. Way cool!
5. My physical therapist for this morning was a runner. He felt my pain in not being able to run. Really nice guy who gave me some really great suggestions on what to do. One of the things he told me to use was The Stick. My friend, Erin, had given me one when during my last injury, so I already have it, woo-hoo. The not woo-hoo part, the thing is killer. My thigh is still sore to the touch after using that thing!
6. I'm pretty sure I have some sugar issues. I'm pretty sure it might be related to how I feel. I'm pretty sure cutting out sugar and sweets would resolve the issue. I'm pretty sure as much as I hate it, that needs to be a big effort for this new year... I used to rarely eat sweets, never was much of a candy person, but here lately, I'll go to the candy jar at work after lunch, and I'll eat the dessert that I used to normally pass up. It's not just the extra calories, I think it's making me feel really bad and really weird, and may be part of my moodiness problem...
So question... what do you keep on hand for a healthy snack. I'll often end up staying at work late and grab a mini Snickers when it's time for supper to hold me over until I make it home. What would you be eating in that situation???
7. January is my most difficult work month of the year. It's guaranteed late nights, long hours, weekends, working from home, just lots and lots of work. Goal for that is to stay positive, be cheery, and remember how blessed I am to have a great job and great people with whom to work (really trying not to end with a preposition... you're welcome Mr. Ham and Mrs. Deborah). Another goal is to try to have dinner with someone, friend, family, anyone who will have me, at least once during the week to break things up and leave the office at a decent time, and have non-work related conversations, even if I work once I go home.
8. God and I chatted last night, and I once again resolved to let him have control and quit fighting for my own way. Oh my goodness, you would think I would have this through my head by now. Get with the program, Anna Catherine, it's so much easier on you if you quit trying to manipulate and justify things. Just let go. "His yoke is easy, his burden is light" "Cast all your cares upon Him" "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight."
9. I'm planning to sign up for the Music City Half Marathon. It's one I've always wanted to do, and while I've heard it can be a booger, I still want to do it!
10. My newest game playing app is Song Pop. Have you played? It's fantastic! Love it! Except my friend who has downloaded the Pro Wrestling song list. Say what?? Who knows what song matches what wrestler?? He destroys me on that one every single time. It has me questioning our friendship :-)
Hope to be back soon with some specifics on what I'm planning to implement from The Happiness Project and how it goes, but then again, I was going to do a post on my Christmas decor b/c I thought it was so darn cute, and as I was taking the last few ornaments off the tree, I remembered I never took a picture. Grrrr